As the weather gets warmer we await the beautiful butterflies that will flutter around us. These dainty creatures offer wonderful inspiration for a bridal or baby shower or for a young girl’s birthday party.
The Decorations: The whole butterfly theme really adds an element of fantasy to the party. Go for this look of whimsy and adorn fake butterflies to the seats, shelves, and even walls around the house.
Look on Bugs and Blooms website to purchase cute butterfly decorations. Craft stores like Michaels have them as well. Paper, fabric, plastic, and even wooden butterflies will all look great.
- Incorporate ribbon and tulle with the butterflies
- Use candles around the table settings and other decorations to add a soft glow to the room
- If you want a color scheme some ideas are: Purple and White, Pear Green and Pastel Pink, and Yellow and Pink
- Cut out butterflies out of pretty card-stock and you can hang them across the room or vertically over the table
- Embellish paper lanterns with butterflies and hang
The Table: Usually the centerpiece of the party, the table is a great place to incorporate butterflies!
- Tie ribbon around the back of the table chairs
- Place paper butterflies or the costume butterfly wings on the back of the chairs
- For a centerpiece: Place a bunch of small branches (real or fake) in a vase and adorn with butterflies
- Another centerpiece idea: Place flowers and butterflies in and around a birdcage
The Food: Butterflies can easily be integrated into many desserts!
- Attach a paper butterfly to a straw and serve in drinks
- Butterfly-shaped cookies, butterfly cupcakes, and you can probably guess the last one, a butterfly cake
Even if the party isn’t necessarily “butterfly themed” these creatures are still cute decorations to incorporate into any party!